Large grandiose gifts can be unnecessary, and leave some people feeling awkward or unwilling to accept them; however, cute small gifts can be just the thing to get friends and family for special occasions. One such idea is a desktop zen garden.
Why Miniature Zen Gardens Make For Perfect Cute Small Gifts.
A zen garden for your desk is not only thoughtful and cute, but can be beneficial to the giftee. If you’re looking for small gift ideas, here are 5 reasons to consider a zen garden.
- Stress and Anxiety. Because zen gardens first emerged in Buddhist temples as a form of aided meditation, the act of arranging the stones, and raking the sand can aid in relaxation. This grounds you in the present and gives you something tangible to focus on, helping to relieve stress and anxiety. Having access to the garden directly on your desk can offer a needed outlet, especially during work days. When it comes to little gifts, this one is perfect for anyone bogged down with long days in the office.
- Meditation. For friends and family who are looking to get more in touch with their inner selves, zen gardens offer a great form of meditation. As touched on above, these gardens were originally designed for this purpose, and even in miniature form, they work as fantastic meditation tools. While working with the garden, your focus should be solely on that task, and any thoughts should be allowed to come and go without settling. This can create a broader awareness, and a clearer mind overall.
- Creativity. Meditation itself can help spur creativity, as it encourages divergent thinking from which new ideas can emerge. Having an easy to access garden helps aid in the process, and is the perfect gift for anyone in a creative role. When it comes to finding cute little gifts for the artists in your life, this is something to seriously consider.
- Concentration and Focus. Along with everything mentioned above goes hand in hand with helping develop a keener sense of concentration and overall focus. This can help in both school and work life, making it perfect as a gift for all ages.
- Beauty. Aside from the personal benefits that these gardens can bring, a miniature zen garden adds an extra pop of beauty to any space. If feng shui is something you tend to follow, these gardens can help improve it in your own home. These cute little gifts come in all kinds of shapes and designs, so no matter what style your giftee is into, you are sure to find one that will fit right in. Some can very very simplistic, for a chic minimalist style, while others can feature intricate artist designs. There is something for everyone to enjoy in a zen garden.
If you are looking for cute small gifts for a friend or family member, a miniature zen garden could be just the thing. They can help build better focus and concentration, along with boosting creativity and thinking. Additionally, through the act of tending to them, they can relieve stress and anxiety, even on the busiest of days. They come in a variety of styles so you can be sure to find one that your giftee with fall in love with.